Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Afternoon Walk



B and I try to take a walk everyday. as we walk I describe to him every sound that he hears (cars, dogs, birds etc)every breeze that he feels and every scent that he smells. people probably think I'm crazy waking around and talking to myself. we take pictures of every pretty autumn tree. we stop to smell every rose. we avoid all the construction noise. we visit the girls that work at mint for some good cheek squeezes. we go into the local baby store and book store. i intentionally leave my debit card at home so I can't buy anything. 





today he fell asleep on the walk home from downtown. flopped over the baby bjorn with his hat over his whole face and hands still gripped so tightly around each of my fingers. when we got to my house i decided to walk past and keep going. as soon as we got home i gently undid the baby carrier and tried to pull him out as gracefully as possible (which is impossible) and put him down in the crib. he didn't move. success. turned on his sound sheep and tiptoed out of the room. what do you know, half an hour later..head lifted at a 90 degree angle looking around with big wide open eyes. we have been playing this game all day today. seriously. it's so hard to put a happy baby down when he's overly tired. even though he's rubbing his eyes and yawning. he's been doing this thing where he just stares at you and smiles when you're thinking about putting him down. i think he's realized that he gets to stay up longer if he does this move. it works. smart boy. 
i am counting the seconds until jon gets home to relieve me. i am still in what i slept in last night. i haven't washed my hair for 3 days. haven't been grocery shopping in a week. eating take out the last 3 days. winning at life, we are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment